Murder Room 3: ACTUALLY impossible?

Come here to ask questions and chat about game features.

Murder Room 3: ACTUALLY impossible?

Postby rehtael » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 am

I cannot get past normal on this fucking map.While the drop timer on the floors is fine for me, I constantly have to micromanage where my team is standing, which they barely have enough time to respond to. If they're in the middle of an attack, they're dead, guaranteed. The floors drop so fucking frequently that It's not Madness Combat, it's Madness Management. I spend more time redirecting my team than being able to attack which is just AWESOME when some fucker with two double barrels rolls in with his buddy who has two SMGs and steamrolls my team while I'm trying to get them not to stand on a falling plate.

WHAT DO I DO HERE?
rehtael
Fodder

Agency: Employers Defector

Re: Murder Room 3: ACTUALLY impossible?

Postby Mechaelite » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:13 am

Completing it alone? I never used a teammate in any murder room, they are just a liability when you have to tell them to get out of the traps' way. It's best to just armor yourself propperly and tell those mercs to BTFO with huge ammounts of ammo or many slashes of swords

The not so point and click Adventuer Gaem Episode 1 here on the forums!
Episode 2: Coming soon... VALVe time...
Mechaelite
Savior

Agency: A.A.H.W.-SB

Postby rehtael » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm

I did eventually get it through sheer luck of the heavies standing on the drop zone. Even with armor, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong when one of the heavies drops in with two T9s and stunlocks me to death. I mash dodge, can't. I try to reflect, can't. Hope that teammates will help me, they don't. As soon as he gets past my tac bar (Which is pretty damn fast, even with it at max) every hit on me stunlocks me, and there goes 4 corpus like I'm made of paper. I wouldn't go so far as to say the guys are OP as much as I'm clearly missing something, but fuck those things are ruining my ass.

Full disclosure, I'm playing a bit sub-optimally by having my head armor be hair. Other than that I'm modestly well protected.
rehtael
Fodder

Postby rehtael » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Oh and of course, if I attempt taking cover, it's unlikely the floor won't drop out from under me and I'll die. I'd be okay with how fast the floors drop if they didn't drop so often, and vice versa.
rehtael
Fodder

Postby S070 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 am

rehtael wrote:I did eventually get it through sheer luck of the heavies standing on the drop zone. Even with armor, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong when one of the heavies drops in with two T9s and stunlocks me to death. I mash dodge, can't. I try to reflect, can't. Hope that teammates will help me, they don't. As soon as he gets past my tac bar (Which is pretty damn fast, even with it at max) every hit on me stunlocks me, and there goes 4 corpus like I'm made of paper. I wouldn't go so far as to say the guys are OP as much as I'm clearly missing something, but fuck those things are ruining my ass.

Full disclosure, I'm playing a bit sub-optimally by having my head armor be hair. Other than that I'm modestly well protected.

The Heavy Mercs are easy to stun, try hitting them with your pommel or ram into them. After that, execute them; you'll have to do it twice, they are a tough nut.
ImageImageImage
S070
Savior

Agency: The Hive

Postby rehtael » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:20 am

They're easy to stun for sure if they haven't stunlocked you as soon as they showed up. Also in Murder Room 3, they start off on melee-inaccessible ledges, and can easily start mauling you with gunfire from off-screen since the camera isn't willing to show you much of the map at once. And sprinting towards someone with two double barrel shotguns isn't always a great option.

In The Facility I'm getting ruined not just by AA12 spam, but commanders with AA12s that just drop in from nowhere and spawn IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM. And while you might think "Go to a different room" I can't. That map has a bunch of broken doors you can't go back through, and that's the only room I can guarantee enemies won't get stuck outside of. If I go to any other room, I'm unable to complete the level.
rehtael
Fodder

Return to Discussion