I-Frame Adjustments [Kind of some bugs?]

Come here to ask questions and chat about game features.

I-Frame Adjustments [Kind of some bugs?]

Postby rehtael » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 pm

I've noticed a fair amount of situations where performing a certain useful action can often leave the player far too exposed.

Most Finishers:
The majority of finishers are not worth using due to how long they take and how vulnerable you are during them. Maybe a few I frames or a greater damage reduction?

Flipping over targets:
I often try to flip over berserkers to avoid their tackle. While this works on a single one, I'm often tackled while in the air above the target. Not only are they not actually contacting me, they're effectively hitting me during a dodge.

Highest Tier of dodge:
Shortening the last half second of the animation would be nice so we're not so locked in after flipping. This can typically cause you to get stunlocked by attacks shortly after dodging which seems counter to the point of dodging in the first place.

Corpus Break:
When losing a Corpus block, a half second of I-frames would be good for sake of a small window of recovery.

Dash attacks:
The incredibly long dash attack animation could do with an accelerated recover when the attack lands a hit. If the swing doesn't connect with anything, the current long-recovery time makes sense.
rehtael
Fodder

Agency: Employers Defector

Re: I-Frame Adjustments [Kind of some bugs?]

Postby Ryanmiaku » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:07 am

I definitely agree about the corpus break. The amount of times I've been stunlocked to hell from gunfire and unable to do anything is nuts. A brief window of i-frames after a break would help tremendously
Ryanmiaku
Fodder

Agency: Freelance

Postby rehtael » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 am

At least enough to initiate a dodge would be nice. You'd still struggle to recover.

As it stands, there's no difference between one corpus block and four once you get hit by an automatic weapon.
rehtael
Fodder

Agency: Employers Defector

Postby drymelon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 am

this currently feels like the most game breaking bug, no matter if i'm using a new character or have a mid/late game character. once that tac bar drops, a solo enemy with an smg can land perfect bursts to keep you stun locked to death, so much for a breeze on normal difficulty.
drymelon
Backers

Postby Ryanmiaku » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:12 pm

And I just remembered. If there's a shotgun and an smg you can full stop kiss your ass goodbye. Shotguns utterly DESTROY your tac bar. And then you get sprayed with an smg god damnit
Ryanmiaku
Fodder

Return to Discussion