A Grunt's Life

Arena character backstories, fanfiction of the Madness series, as well as fan art.
Forum rules
Constructive criticism is allowed for content posted by users, but don't be a jackass on purpose. Accidental jackassery will be tolerated, but WE'RE ONTO YOU.

A Grunt's Life

Postby JakeParade » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Alrighty folks, I've decided to start my own "adventur gaem", inspired by Mechaelite's own game. However, instead of playing as someone with any semblance of skill, you all are going to be controlling an intrepid AAHW grunt trying to survive in Nevada. What you do determines the life of this grunt, whether or not you decide to betray the AAHW and join Hank and Co, or rise through the ranks of your organization and become a force to be reckoned with. Combat and doing complex actions will require a d100 roll, with higher rolls being better. There will be tiers of success, and also tiers of failure. These numbers will be kept secret, and only revealed in the panel where the actions happen. For big events that require everyone to roll, I will take the best number from the group. Let's get down to business. I hope everyone is ready for

A Grunt's Life.

You lean against the wall, gripping your shaved head and trying not to cry. The base is under attack by those A.A.T.A.A.H.W loonies. You don't know who it is, but you hope to the higher powers that it's the pair of men or maybe some soldiers, and not Hank. Anything but Hank. I bet if you cower and cry hard enough, the two men will let you go, and you can surrender to the soldiers, get conscripted over there. But Hank won't let you go. You need to get yourself together and figure out a game plan, or you're toast. The 1337 Agent is shouting orders to get to the armory and gear up, but you don't think he's paying attention to you. You could probably get away with cowering in here.

What do you do?
JakeParade
Grunt

Agency: A.A.T.A.A.H.W

Re: A Grunt's Life

Postby ColonelPKA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Follow the agent into the armory.
The only way to fight fire is with a .50 bullet.
ColonelPKA
Zed Agent

Agency: O.O.C.C.N.W.OP.W.C

Postby RamboCreativity » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:28 pm

ColonelPKA wrote:Follow the agent into the armory.

Sounds like the most logical idea at this point and time.
Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves.
RamboCreativity
Fodder

Postby urcousinvinnie5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

There's a medical cabinet next to you. Grab some medical supplies and fuck everyone else!
in 2070 or so, tenements on fire, blazing through endless nights. And behind every spy hole, car wrecks and barbwire, dirty streets and knife fights.
urcousinvinnie5
Backers

Agency: A.A.H.W-SB

Postby GameZone » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm

hide yourself in one of the lockers (and make sure the locker's closed but not locked)
GameZone
Savior

Agency: Mercenary

Postby Drake187 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Do what any self respecting Nevadian would do: GIT YER GUN
Drake187
Savior

Location: Somewhere in New Mexico: America's sweaty ass crack
Agency: Mercanary

Postby JakeParade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:02 am

Alright guys, I think enough people have decided on what they want, and the majority vote is...

Following the 1337 agent to the armory and gearing up. But since someone said to grab medical supplies from the cabinet, that's gonna happen on the way too.

Panels will be coming soon.
JakeParade
Grunt

Postby JakeParade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:41 am

Gathering your composure, you decide to follow the agent to the armory. First however, you open the medical cabinet once everyone is out of the room and nab a syringe of morphine and a bandage roll. Better safe than sorry.

The trip to the armory is uneventful. Well, as uneventful as it can be with alarms blaring and other grunts rushing past your group.

When you get to your destination, the agent begins ordering the other grunts to pick up melee weapons, but then he points at you.

"You, grunt. Come over here."

You look behind you to see if he was pointing at someone else, and the agent speaks again. "Yeah, I'm talkin' to you. Get over here."

You walk over, and he plucks a PPK and an extra magazine for it off of the rack.
"It's your lucky day, kid. I'm issuing you a firearm. Take care of it, because it's yours now."
(RIGHT CLICK AND VIEW IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL THING!!!)
(RIGHT CLICK AND VIEW IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL THING!!!)
Sweet, you've gained a PPK and extra ammunition! You pocket the mag and keep holding the gun.

The agent then points at the door. "The intruders are at the south side of the building, get going. Do good enough and I'll consider putting a word in to the brass about getting you 1337 training."

Alright, what do we do now?
JakeParade
Grunt

Postby Drake187 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 am

Follow directions till you're alone, then inject your morphine. If you're gonna die, might as well die while high off your ass.
Drake187
Savior

Location: Somewhere in New Mexico: America's sweaty ass crack
Agency: Mercanary

Postby Grunt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 am

Get to the south side of the building and take cover, await for the intruders to come and BAM BAM!
I sometimes dream about cheese.
Grunt
Fodder

Agency: A.A.H.W

Next

Return to Vault